Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My first comic ever

Yay comics!

Which is to say:
On Monday I went to the lecture that Bill Ayers and Ryan Alexander-Tanner gave about To Teach: the journey, in comics.  Getting some behind-the-scenes info on the construction of this (wowza) book was really great, but the comic workshop that Ryan led for John's class (plus Lee) afterward really blew my mind.  I didn't want to stop drawing, despite my penchant for reminding people I'm not a draw-er.  (I'm also not a drawer.)  So here I present my first comic ever:






And if you're curious about the Exquisite Corpse-style comics we made as a class about Mr. John Ploof... well I'm gonna try to figure out how to post that PDF collection here, too.

Oh, like T H I S .

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you're NOT a drawer? I'm so sorry I keep asking you to hold all my things. HOw embarrassing :) Oh! Now I understand that john ploof comic on the ning. hahahaha I was so confused. Also, I must be easily confused lately because I was like, "why is she dreading summer? It looks like there's some snuggling!" and then I saw the snowflakes and realized... well, I figured it out. Nice!

    ReplyDelete