Saturday, March 27, 2010

Whoamg, denouement?

I sure hope so.  The past few weeks have been so, so rough.  Getting the first part of my thesis report together was a nightmare and a half, though my presentation and panel review yesterday went much better than I was expecting and it was thoroughly helpful and gave my momentum a boost.

After a post-panel drink with Carolyn, I headed home to kick off my heels and pull on some layers for what will hopefully be the last frigid critical mass until fall comes back around.  What ensued involved was falling a couple of times, being called "Hot Pants" by a police officer, my first bike-car contact, not getting to eat Indian food like a certain map promised, small and funny apartment parties, small and weird other apartment parties, small and awesome pool party, riding home with wet hair and clothes at 3am.  Total blast.  Dragons.  Fake money.  Sauna.  Pizza.  Band-aids.


And today I went with Carolyn to Working Bikes where we found her a nice Ralieigh mixte that she was happy with.  Yay bike shopping! And on the way home I swung by the Renegade Handmade store for the bake sale my friend Sue was having to raise money for Haiti and while there I bought some delicious vegan (and non-vegan) treats and a great winter bike hat (that would have been very useful yesterday).

I'm out of energy.  Did not get enough sleep last night.  This post is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment