Monday, March 8, 2010

Chromes, Greys

I want a chrome bicycle so bad my guts ache!  There is a chrome Carlton that works in the building next to my school. I've sat in the coffee shop window a few times to stake it out and see who comes to unlock it and ride it home, but I can never stick around long enough.

It's gloriously mild today, and thoroughly foggy.  Despite being in a 9th floor window a block from the lake, I might as well be a day away, as it's enshrouded by the most solid physical manifestation of grey that I've ever seen.  Like this, but tangible... and damp... and everywhere:




I'm making some good(ish) headway on the new thesis research.  Looks like I'll be visiting Detroit a couple of times in June for a few days each trip, plus (funds allowing) Philadelphia, Providence, and Portland?  Maybe San Francisco while I'm on the west coast if they have programs that suit my research.  It's weird to suddenly feel very centered, when less than a week ago I was a total. wreck.  Maybe I'm just in denial. Hm.

1 comment:

  1. Friend of mine, wanted a chrome frame so I wet sanded his frame (400 grit-600-800-steel wool) to the frame material (steel), treated it with clearcoat/framesaver.. And he had his "chrome" bike. With some conscious detailing ie. wash+wax+clay bar (at times) his frame looks close to the actual chrome/polished frames.

    Other frames I've painted:

    Amazing frame for a friend: http://velospace.org/node/25774

    And my personal bike (gloss silver to matte black) :http://velospace.org/node/17807

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete