Sunday, December 5, 2010

Food... oh! and other stuff!

This is turning into a what-i-ate blog, but it'll serve a purpose.  G and I cook so much and so often sans recipes that it's worthwhile to at least note what we've made even if we aren't quite good enough to write down *how* we make it all.

So, since Wednesday:
Tuna casserole topped with BBQ Lays potato chips
Milk punch (which turned out to be basically eggnog, but milk. Milknog. Delicious)
Maple parmesan brussels sprouts
"Chicken" and root veggie pot pie (including salsify and roasted radishes, both new to me), with a sage and smoked gouda crust
Regular and sweet potato latkes with fresh homemade applesauce (using the last of the apples we picked back in October!)
Pumpkin pie topped with maple syrup roasted walnuts and a cinnamon crust
One giant turnover with the leftover sage crust, stuffed with orange-peach-mango cranberry sauce

And I think we're making greens and something Indian for dinner.

Having a farm share has really changed my culinary life, and I can't tell you often I think, "OMGILOVEBEINGVEGETARIAN!" 

Oh! Other news, as of last week, thanks to a serious error by someone inputting airfare rates to Europe and a totally radical boyfriend who finds those things, I'm going to Barcelona and Provence over Spring Break.  I'm simultaneously intensely stressed out and deeply relaxed by this fact (yes, it's very confusing), as it will be right in the midst of major thesis stress (yeah, now is nothing!).  But I'm mean, in the middle of such stress, what could be better than having many straight hours on a plane to write, plus activities like biking to wineries and eating cheese and baguettes in the country and saying, "Honh, honh, honh!" in response to everything? Not a whole heckuvalot, I think.

Also, I have an amazing idea that might actually give me some way to get paid after I graduate.  I'm starting it as a project for John's Eth/Ped class but it's been at a rolling boil in my brain almost nonstop for a week now.  Need to flesh it out before I go any further here, but... I mean... people can live off grant money if they have enough grants, right? At least kinda live... right?

1 comment:

  1. how do you get work done if you are cooking so often? do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete